The NSA has some pretty advanced, super secret, hacking tools. What if these secret hacking tools were to end up in the wrong person’s hands? Well, that happened.
This episode was sponsored by Thinkst Canary. Their canaries attract malicious actors in your network and then send you an alert if someone tries to access them. Great early warning system for knowing when someone is snooping around where they shouldn’t be. Check them out at https://canary.tools.
Support for this episode comes from Blinkist. They offer thousands of condensed non-fiction books, so you can get through books in about 15 minutes. Check out Blinkist.com/DARKNET to start your 7 day free trial and get 25% off when you sign up.
Blinkist book recommendations:
- The Robots Are Coming! by Andres Oppenheimer
- Zucked by Roger McNamee
- Who Can You Trust? by Rachel Botsman
- The Future of the Professions by Richard Susskind and Daniel Susskind
- Targeted by Mark Smith
- Blockchain Revolution by Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott
- WTF? by Tim O’Reilly
- The Death of Expertise by Tom Nichols
- Bad Blood by John Carreyrou
- Video: Jake giving a talk about living in the shadow of the shadow brokers
- Video: Joe Biden talking about Russia
- Bruce Schneier’s response to shadow brokers
Darknet Diaries is created by Jack Rhysider.
Artwork this episode by Ross Branchette.
Additional music by Epidemic Sound.
Recording equipment used this episode was the Shure SM7B, a cloudlifter, Audient ID4, Sony MDR7506 headphones, and Hindenburg audio editor.
Add this episode of Darknet Diaries to your own website with the following embed code:
<iframe frameborder="0" height="200" scrolling="no" src="https://playlist.megaphone.fm?e=ADV9906244248" width="100%"></iframe>