This is the story about an ex-NSA agent who went to work for a secret hacking group in the UAE.
This episode was sponsored by Thinkst Canary. Their canaries attract malicious actors in your network and then send you an alert if someone tries to access them. Great early warning system for knowing when someone is snooping around where they shouldn’t be. Check them out at https://canary.tools.
Support for this episode comes from Blinkist. They offer thousands of condensed non-fiction books, so you can get through books in about 15 minutes. Check out Blinkist.com/DARKNET to start your 7 day free trial and get 25% off when you sign up.
- Reuters: Project Raven
- Reuters: The Karma Hack
- Reuters: America’s Foreign Hackers
- Reuters: Google blocks websites certified by DarkMatter, after Reuters reports
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
- Citizen Lab report: Stealth Falcon
- Video: Rori Donaghy
- Video: Ahmed Mansoor
- Project Zero: Bugs in iPhone reported
- Project Zero: Details of iPhone bugs
- Project Zero: Additional details of iPhone bugs
- Dark Matter’s website
- Cyberpoint’s website
Darknet Diaries is created by Jack Rhysider.
Artwork this episode by Yakoross.
Additional music by Epidemic Sound.
Recording equipment used this episode was the Shure SM7B, a cloudlifter, Audient ID4, Sony MDR7506 headphones, and Hindenburg audio editor.