The Venetian casino in Las Vegas Nevada was the largest hotel in the world until 2015. The parent company is Las Vegas Sands (LVS) which owns 10 properties around the world. And the CEO and founder of LVS is Sheldon Adelson. One day the CEO said something which sparked quite a firestorm.
Thanks to the reviewers who previewed this episode before it went live and provided valuable feedback. They include @greyhathackr, Nick, Brett, @r1otctrl, @Pyrostic and a bunch more who wish to remain unidentified.
This episode was sponsored by Nucleus. Visit nucleussec.com to start your free trial.
This episode was sponsored by CMD. Securing Linux systems is hard, let CMD help you with that. Visit https://cmd.com/dark to get a free demo.
- LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP. - ANNUAL REPORT
- Adelson Family Foundation
- Iranian hackers used Visual Basic malware to wipe Vegas casino’s network
- Sony Pictures malware tied to Seoul, “Shamoon” cyber-attacks
- Iran rolls out domestic internet
- Deterring Iran after the Nuclear Deal
- Sheldon Adelson Biography
- Bloomberg Billionaires Index
- Now at the Sands Casino: An Iranian Hacker in Every Server
- Nuke Remark Stirred Hack on Sands Casinos That Foreshadowed Sony
- Iran Behind Cyber-Attack on Adelson’s Sands Corp., Clapper Says
- Las Vegas Sands Corporations New Palazzo Las Vegas Deploys ADC’s In-Building Wireless Solution
- Iranian Hackers Retaliated Against Sheldon Adelson for $40M Hit
- Iranian Hacking Collective Suspected of LVS Attack May Have Been Shut Down for Running Gambling Sites
- Iran hacked an American casino, U.S. says
- IRANIAN MABNA HACKERS
- Cyber Attacks: 50% Of Those Hit Are Hit Monthly, And Iran Hits Hardest Of All
- Defining Zionism: The Belief That Israel Belongs to the Entire Jewish People
- Israel’s Channel 10 Reports on pro-Netanyahu Slant at Israel Hayom Daily Newspaper
- Sheldon Adelson Says Obama Should Nuke Iran
- Sheldon Adelson Spent Far More On Campaign Than Previously Known
- Khamenei: ‘Crush Adelson’s Mouth’
- Adelson says Obama should fire ‘atomic weapon’ at Iran, not negotiate
- Here’s What Would Happen if the US Listened to Sheldon Adelson and Bombed the Iranian Desert
- Iran Is Raising Sophistication and Frequency of Cyberattacks, Study Says
- Following the Developing Iranian Cyberthreat
- Iran conducted ‘major cyber assault’ on key UK infrastructure
- Las Vegas Sands casino customer data stolen by hackers, company says
- Sheldon Adelson family finally confirms ownership of Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Sheldon Adelson: the casino mogul driving Trump’s Middle East policy
- Las Vegas Sands’ Casino Network hit by Destructive Malware
- Hack on Saudi Aramco hit 30,000 workstations, oil firm admits
- Adelson gets go-ahead to buy Makor Rishon
- Treasury Sanctions Iranian Cyber Actors for Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities Targeting Hundreds of Universities
- The Sony Hack and Wiper Interrelation: Comparisons with Shamoon and Dark Seoul
- How U.S. billionaire Sheldon Adelson is buying up Israel’s media
- Adelson’s speech with his comments on YouTube
- Music from gondola singer
- James Clapper
Artwork this episode by TrashKiD.
Theme music created by Breakmaster Cylinder. Theme song available for listen and download at bandcamp. Or listen to it on Spotify.
Additional music by Epidemic Sound.
Recording equipment used this episode was the Shure SM7B, a cloudlifter, Audient ID4, Sony MDR7506 headphones, and Hindenburg audio editor.
Add this episode of Darknet Diaries to your own website with the following embed code:
<iframe frameborder="0" height="200" scrolling="no" src="https://playlist.megaphone.fm?e=ADV9708504478" width="100%"></iframe>
JACK: Imagine being at work in the office and all of a sudden the server you’re working on goes down, the phones stop working, the screens go blank, and as you investigate you realize the company has been hacked. [MUSIC] The virus is so bad and it’s spreading so fast that you frantically start unplugging Ethernet cables in an attempt to stop the attack. You’re forced to sever your connection to the internet altogether. Yeah, that did happen and I want to tell you about it.